Hi friends! I can't say how excited I am to be taking my watercolor workshops on tour! My first stop is LOS ANGELES, join us this April in Silver Lake for a magical experience. ENROLL HERE.
Modern Watercolor Techniques: Beginners Level
Welcome to Modern Watercolor Techniques for Beginners with Ana Victoria! Here you will
learn both basic watercolor techniques and fun new ways to use your paints mixed with
other mediums and house hold supplies, such as salt and bleach. I will give you an in
depth look into my favorite art supplies and how to use them properly. Watercolor can be
intimidating, but I promise I will make it easy and fun with these tips and tricks. You will be
amazed with the results you can obtain with my simple direction, no experience necessary!
Students will leave this class having a better understanding of watercolors and awesome
illustrations that can be pieces of art on their own or used in personal projects.
April 5, 6, 7 and 8th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
- Basic watercolor techniques
- Transparencies and gradients
- Pulse and precision
- Progressive painting activity
- We will start loosening up and understanding the real value of watercolors
- Experimental watercolor
- Mixing watercolors with different supplies, this is my signature “baby planets” activity!
- Painting Jellyfish
- Paint a magical galaxy, universe or supernova!
Students must bring:
- Watercolor paper pad:
recommended size 9” x 12”
- Watercolor paints:
Pan sets or tubes are both great.
Cotman, Winsor & Newton, Sennelier and Schmincke are GREAT brands.
- Different sized round brushes: Size 0, 1 and 8 are recommended
- Palette: this can be a ceramic/plastic bowl, or you can use the back of
your pan set as well
Teacher will provide:
- Assortment of specialized paints to experiment with
- India ink
- White acrylic paint
- Household supplies for experimental textures (salt, bleach, etc.)
- Visual material
All classes include gift bags and diplomas by Ana Victoria :)